Community & Social Service Studies
Upon completion of this course you will have a working knowledge of the basic principles and practices for interacting with children. This course contains the essential knowledge which is used by professionals who work with children. This is a single stream course.
Topics of study covered within this course include the following:
- Strong Willed Behaviour and How It All Begins
- Why Is My Child Becoming Even More Strong Willed?
- It Takes More than Just Good Parenting
- Does My Child Have ADHD?
- Does My Childs Behaviour Really Need to Change?
- Week 1: Attending, Week 2: Rewarding, Week 3: Ignoring, Week 4: Giving Directions, Week5:
- Using Time-Outs
- Integrating Your Parenting Skills Creating a More Positive Home
- Improving Your Communication Skills
- Developing More Patience
- Building Positive Self-Esteem
- Helping Your Child Solve Problems with Peers
- Specific Problem Behaviours
- What is Positive Discipline?
- Positive Discipline Solutions A-Z
Approximately 20 hours
The text books required for this course are outlined below and can be purchased through any online book supplier: